Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker......

Well here we are, at the Doyle Hotel in Duncannon, Pennsylvania. It's been a great past week, with CC Rider and I pulling 4 or 5 20 mile days in a row. At this rate, we'll be in Maine in no time! But, alas, it can't last forever... The rocks in Pa so far aren't too bad and we haven't seen ANY rattle snakes. There has also been a plethora of state park vending machines. No, I didn't do the 1/2 gallon challenge, (eating a 1/2 gallon of ice cream @ the park the 1/2 way point on the trail is in) but I am gaining an appreciation for ice cream.
Unfortunately, my pack has finally been weighed, and I've decided it needs to go on a diet so it weighs less than 38lbs. yea, I'm pretty glad I didn't weigh it at the beginning or I never would've made it this far.
We're taking the 4th of july weekend off and going back to State College to enjoy the festivities and cheer my sister Gretchen on in her triathlon. See you there!

No comments: